Shenzhen is one of the major economic and industrial cities in China, situated immediately north of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and on the eastern bank of the Pearl River. Located at Shenzhen, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), is established as an innovative top-tier university, with ambitious goals to become an internationally competitive research-intensive university.
Traffic Information around SUSTech
Address of SUSTech:
1088 Xueyuan Rd, Xili, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China 518055
- By Metro: Tanglang Station，Huanzhong Line (Line 5)
SUSTech, Gate 1 is about 700 meters from Exit D of Tanglang Metro Station on Huanzhong Line.
- By Bus: SUSTech Station
Line : M369，43，74，81.
Directions to SUSTech Campus:
Whenever you arrive at Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport, or major train stations and coach stations of Shenzhen, you could easily access to airport shuttles, metros, buses or taxis to SUSTech.
- Metro lines stretching across the city could be a good choice for your travel. Huanzhong Metro Line (Line 5) has a stop near to School Gate 1.
- Taxi is a good choice if you want to get here without any transfer. The campus is gated. Four gates（Gate 1, Gate 2, Gate 3 and Gate 6）are currently for automobiles. When you take a taxi, you can show the following address to the driver:
Here are some recommended routes from major passenger terminals to the campus.
- From Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport:
- 1. By Metro:Take Line 11 ( Futian Direction ) from Airport Metro Station(机场地铁站), and transfer to Line 5 ( Huangbeiling Direction ) at Qianhaiwan Metro Station（前海湾地铁站）, get off at Tanglang Metro Station （塘朗地铁站）.
- 2. By Bus:Take Airport Express 6/8 and get off at Heliport (直升机场站), then transfer to bus Line 122 or 74 and get off at SUSTech Station.
- 3. By Taxi:It costs about ￥90 (US$15) for a taxi from the airport to the campus.
- From Shenzhen North Railway Station:
- 1. By Metro:Take Line 5 ( Qianhaiwan Direction ) from Shenzhen North Metro Station(机场地铁站), and get off at Tanglang Metro Station （塘朗地铁站）.
- 2. By Bus: take Line M271/M343/M393 and get off at Tanglang Metro Station (塘朗地铁站).
- 3. By Taxi:It costs about ￥15 (US$2.5) for a taxi from the airport to the campus.
- From Hong Kong International Airport:
- 1. By Ferry :You don’t need to go through Hong Kong border control, there are ferries from Hong Kong International Airport to Shekou Port, Shenzhen (available from 9:00 to 21:45). When you arrive at Shekou Port, you can take bus Line 122 and get off at SUSTech Station. Taxi from Shekou Port to SUSTech costs about ￥55 (less than US$10).
- 2. By Airport-Mainland Coach: You may also go through the border control to enter Hong Kong, then take airport coaches to mainland. The best stop for you to get off is Shenzhen North Railway Station, where you can easily access to metro abnd bus lines listed above or take a taxi. In case you fail to book a coach to Shenzhen North Railway Station, there are other preferable options including Kingkey Banner (京基百纳) and Futian Port, both of which are about 30 minutes' drive from SUSTech.
For more details and options from Hong Kong Airport to Shenzhen, please check the following webpage: http://www.hongkongshuttle.com/hong-kong-airport-to-shenzhen/.